Watercolor brushes - who are the best?

Watercolor paint can be fun and exciting. One of the questions I often hear is, "the brushes is the best, and should I buy those with natural or synthetic filament brushes." There are many brands of brushes watercolor on the market, and the choices can seem endless. I will be summarized some of what I learned on the subject, but there are many books and articles on the topic if you want to go further in detail. A trick is to buy the best brushes, you can afford. The easiest way to become familiar with those that you select is the painting of practice with them!

Watercolour of natural hair brushes are often made by hand and the most profitable. They have ridges in the filaments (hair) which hold more than painting. This allows less than traits that tends to produce a clearer, more fresh paint. These brushes are made from the hair of the Kolinsky Sable, Camel, red sand, to name a few and can be very expensive. Others are made of a mixture of hair natural and synthetic and work very well. These brushes are strictly synthetic may function correctly, and I suggest that you buy some of each category if you can afford to do so.

As you select your brushes, it is important to purchase those manufactured specially for the watercolour. They will be rounded or flat. My suggestion is to start with a tour # 12, # 8 round, # 5 rounds and a Tower # 2. The number is small, small brush. (The range of numbers between # 1 and # 24). There are also brushes still more small ranging from 0 to 000 which I would not recommend. They are the smallest details, which you can achieve very well with a good quality brush towers, which comes at a time, size 2.

Some watercolorists do not use one of the smaller round brushes and paint well without them. I personally use a brush of # 1 and # 2 in addition to the larger mentioned, because I paint a lot of small details.

I also suggest that you buy a 1/2 inch flat, a flat of 1 inch and a two-inch plate (used for egg laying of large laundry/glazes). Smaller flat brushes are useful for the manufacture of straight lines and small washes.

There are many sets of "beginner" Watercolor Brush, and art supply stores are happy to help with your selection as well. A last word on the care of your brushes. Wash in warm soapy water, then reshape boards by hand. The improvement of the care they receive, longer they will last.

Sue Doucette, author / artist

http://www.CapeCodWatercolor.com.

I have been painting in watercolour for twenty-five years, and I would like to share with you what I learned. Many artists want to keep their secret "tricks of the trade", fearing, you become a painter better than they are. I am happy to share what I know. My hope is that you get to enjoy painting in watercolour as much as I do!

Visit my website http://www.capecodwatercolor.com/ and read my monthly "tips for artists". Please do not hesitate to contact me. Also, I am pleased of commissions and can paint your photo.


View the original article here

No comments: