Watercolours of beautiful flowers

Watercolour can capture flowers in beautiful manner. The transparency of the medium allows the artist to use it to his advantage, capturing the delicate complexities of the flower. If painted the meaning of "full air" doors, or a still life in his studio, flowers offer unlimited possibilities when he painted in watercolour.

I would like to share some of my color preferred with you and encourage you to use your own as well. For many years, I've included real garance pink, blue cobalt, green and yellow Aureolin Viridian on my palette. Mixture of two of these together will give you a clean and fresh color transparent that you trust not to transform "muddy." Practice different combinations of these four colors to see what your results will be and keep a chart of these samples of mixture in the vicinity. Jot down the colours have been used next to each experience for your own reference. I also use Burnt Sienna and when they are mixed with blue Cobalt makes a soft fresh grey.

Another consideration in flowers in watercolor painting is how to mix the Greens whose natural appearance. I suggest to an another graph sample with various combinations (of the above colors) with Viridian green as your starting point. Then try this new exercise substituting Winsor green for the Viridian. Winsor Green is a dark green, more dynamic, but not "flying" paper as easily as Viridian, if you want to make changes. Only do combinations of two colors, that the addition of only one-third can result in an opaque "mud." I prefer to mix my own Greens and find their more realistic and true to the color found in nature.

Watercolor paper, my personal preference is 140 lb cold pressed watercolor paper Arches. In my view, that he brandishes or suppression of some paintings, with a soft brush or a watercolor brush to "thrown". This is something with which to experiment. Some colours are "spots" and will not completely lift your paint. Keep track of these and use them with caution. Painting with some Watercolour brushes you feel uncomfortable, after having tried brands and sizes. Art supply stores most will guide you to this area.

You may want to begin by placing of fresh cut flowers in a vase with a light source with one hand. This will be their shadows to become one of your design elements. Do not place your vase in the center of the paper. Put a little offset will be a much more interesting composition. Fill your paper with your flowers and leave a certain drift off the coast of the page. Vary your borders; have some hard and other soft provide a contrast. Let some of your mixture of colors directly on the page. Use a range of values, the white of the paper to the dark rich. Try even as regards your painting reversed to get a feeling where changes should be made.

Carefully consider the petals of the flower. Observe how they curl and how each is unique in shape and size. Look closely at the stem. They are straight or that they bend slightly? Are there variations in colour? How the leaves are attached to the plant? Keep these thoughts in mind that you paint and take advantage of the process. Don't worry about the final result. You can go back and make changes later. For the moment simply to have fun.

Sue Doucette

http://www.CapeCodWatercolor.com.

I paint watercolors for 25 years and I am happy to share what I learned with you. Many artists want to keep their secret "tricks of the trade", but I am not one of them. A large part of what I learned was by trial and error, and by sharing with you, I hope that you will love the watercolor painting as much as I do!

Visit my site web http://www.capecodwatercolor.com/ and check my "new" section for my tips monthly for painters. Do not hesitate to contact me with your questions, you may have. I also paint ordered parts and can work from your photo.


View the original article here

No comments: